Friday 30 November 2012

"Another walk 1" - Modified and Erased!


This is my first attempt at Erasure poetry, a very different and a unique form, the meaning of which can be found at THIS page.

This piece is for the prompt at DVerse Poets. It is an erasure of another article of mine which can be found here It was not an easy task, that too erasing my own article. But something sensible came out of it which you are going to read below.



Sighing, I got walking about in the road,
shopkeepers wink, always pointing out.

Wow, what an evening!
My blood surging with the winds of the sky.

The sights of a busy evening, honking traffic,
I found myself absorbed
in my own thoughts.

I blinked, looked around and smiled.
Someone was waiting home for my arrival.




Phew!

7 comments:

  1. def feels good to have someone waiting when you get home..i like how you incorporated the sounds of the evening too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a nice piece of prose poetry. you convey the story in a clipped yet warm tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is a challenging form of poetry. Well done on your attempt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A challenge well executed ... loved it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first exposure to Erasure poetry. Well done indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like you decided to interact with you own source, I think it adds another layer to the process. I agree with Brian, it's always lovely to have someone waiting for you at home, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ending words, good to have someone waiting for you ~

    Nice to meet you ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker